Elements & Dragons Birthday Party
Elements and dragons, that’s the newest trend for our eight year old girl. On Friday she has a couple friends over to play games and celebrate. With dragons on my mind, I was able to come up with some adorable post card invitations and a couple creative games for the kids to play.
Blending elements and dragons, I created an adventure map with clues to locate the dragon’s treasure. Each path lead to a new element themed riddle. Each clue we sealed with a small bit of wax and a pressed a seal.
This little dragon seal was an affordable find on Amazon. For the paper, I saved time and purchased an inexpensive packet from Amazon. If you wish to create the appearance of old manuscript. Try using this method and check our video to see the kids in action.
- Soak your paper in 2 tablespoons coffee, tea or chocolate and 2 cups of water in a 9X11 baking dish. You can paint with a brush to ensure the stain blends to the paper or just allow it to soak for 5-10 mins.
- Remove the paper and place onto a paper towel blotting the excess water.
- Set the oven to 200 degrees. Cook the paper for 5-10mins. Or use a blow dryer on each side to dry.
- For extra aging, tear the edges before placing in the oven or afterwards burn a couple holes in the paper.
Elements Story Teller
A couple posts ago, I wrote about our date night story teller. For Sophia’s party I created a fun dragon/element version. The activities on this particular version are related to literacy and story elements. While one flap requests you to describe what’s inside a dragon’s egg another asks to how to capture a dragon. There are also a couple of movement prompts. Download here, have fun and enjoy this Elements Fortune Teller.
- To play ask your friend to pick an element. Spell that element or word moving the teller back and forth.
- Next, have them pick a number. Do the activity and then count that number again moving the teller back and forth for the number picked. Finally have them choose a triangle to open and read the activity. Repeat as often as you want.