Our Weekly Menu
This weeks menu is ready! We follow the guidelines of Trim Healthy Mama developed by Pearl Barrett and Serene Allison and we encourage you to check out their website, books and various social media platforms.
Monday:Loaded Sweet Potatoes (E). My husband missed the last round since he was out of town. He’s excited to try this meal.
Tuesday:Bacon Crusted Chicken (S) Bacon and Chicken! Yumm! This is going to be a crowd pleasing meal.
Wednesday: Chili Pie (S) page 142 of the book Trim Healthy Table.
Thursday: Spaghetti (E) with low carb noodles for the kids and Spaghetti squash for the adults.
Friday: Low Carb Pizza, (c/o) crust made with Cheese bread sticks on page 252 of the book Trim Healthy Table.
Saturday: Eggroll in a Bowl (S) It’s been a while since we this meal made it to the dinner table. Easy, delicious and quick, this is a crowd pleasing meal for the whole family. Found on page 63 of the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook with our own added additions such as water chestnuts, baby corn and sprouts. We didn’t get a chance to make this last week so we left it on the menu.
Sunday: Breakfast for Dinner (E) Pancakes or oatmeal, kids choice tonight. My girls wanted to cook for us tonight. We are trying to help them branch out on their baking.
Sweets for the Week
Fudge Brownies (S) page 404 of the book Trim Healthy Table. These brownies were delicious! I am making them again and adding some sugar-free chocolate chips to batter.
Oatmeal Cookies (E)
- 2 cup Instant Oats
- 1 cup THM Baking Blend
- 1/2 Cup Sprouted Rye or Spelt flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp. Organic, Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 1 Tablespoon Black Strap Molasses
- 1 Tablespoon Honey (optional)
- 4 Egg Whites (or 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Swerve
Other Optional Items to Add to your mix:
- 1 cup Finely Diced Red Apple
- 1 cup Raisons
- 1 sugar-free chocolate chips
- Mix together the dry ingredients: oats, baking blend, four, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the melted butter, egg whites, molasses, pumpkin, honey and vanilla and swerve.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together, then add in any of the optional items.
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat, scoop out a tablespoon for each cookie. Bake at 325 for 13-15 minutes then cool for 2-3 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet.