2nd Top 10 to Try in Kaua’i
~as recommended by a 5 year old Keiki
Traveling with young kids to Kaua’i? My three children have chosen their top 10 favorite things to do on the island. Yesterday I posted our 7 year old’s top ten.
Today our TOP 10 is courtesy of our 5 year old girl, L.
- Snow Cones & Lilikoi Pie – My little sweetie loves her snow cones and pie. What makes Hawaii’s snow cones extra special? The layers of course. Decadent flavors of ice cream in a bed of sweetened shaved ice makes for a delicious and refreshing treat. L’s favorite flavor is mango to match her favorite color orange. Normally not a pie or cake girl, my girl fell in love with the sweet, tangy flavor of Lilikoi Cheesecake Pie from The RIght Slice
2. Swinging Bridge- tucked away in the artistic town of Hanapepe, is a swinging bridge that terrified the kids at first then thrilled so much they had to cross again. L’s little mantra as she walked and balanced across the bridge, “No Fear, L, No Fear, You got This”. What made this town extra special was the connection to the Disney movie Lilo and Stitch.
3. Chickens roam free on the island of Kaua’i much to the delight of my young three. One of L’s most treasured souvenirs is a small chicken adorned with a Lei who is now nicknamed HeiHei from Disney’s Moana.
4. Tree Tunnel– at the start of hwy 520 just off of hwy 50 headed south west from Lihu’e towards Po’ipu is a tunnel of trees that L loved so much she begged for a video.
5.Hawaiian village of Kamokila– exploring the past through a reconstructed Hawaiian village. 5 year old L.loved feeding the chickens and exploring the town.
6.Allerton Gardens : The various gardens, flowers and magnificent Moreton Bay Fig Trees, featured in Jurassic Park, along with it’s rich history and gorgeous views is tour that L. enjoyed (especially climbing among the roots of the Bay Fig Trees) .
7.Poipu Beach– with a secluded area for kids to play in calm waters and a larger area for adults to experience snorkeling, this beach is a favorite for my little travelers.
8.Kauai Luau: Dancing along with the beautiful dresses was why L voted this among her top 10. Plus, we each received a Lai which made the experience even more magical for her.
9. Lava Lava Beach Club a spur of the moment decision made for a wonderful moment as we found this charming restaurant on the beach. We played games, relaxed on cozy couches with a spectacular view of the ocean and enjoyed a delicious lunch.
10. Spouting Horn located next to Allerton Gardens, is the Spouting Horn. Water spout and sprayed from a hold in the rocks which reminded L of a while’s blowhole. She was so excited to see the water shoot up. Go early and they have venders with local crafts set up.
Her #1 Favorite Activity: