This weeks menu is ready! We follow the guidelines of Trim Healthy Mama developed by Pearl Barrett and Serene Allison and we encourage you to check out their website, books and various social media platforms.
Monday: Pumpkin Mung Dal Curry (E) *See recipe Below then Add a large plate of Greens
Tuesday: Saucy Stir-fry Chicken (E) page 72 of the book, Necessary Food by Brianna Thomas
Wednesday: Loaded Sweet Potatoes (E). So delicious and so very easy to make.
Thursday: Everything Bagel Dogs (S), Low Carb and flavorful options for your easy hot dog night.
Friday: Carb Friendly Pizza & Movie Night (S). There are a couple new recipe’s for crusts in the book Trim Healthy Table that we’ve been meaning to try!
Saturday: Cicken Alfredo over Zoodles (S) page 72 of the book, Necessary Food by Brianna Thomas
Sunday: Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole (E)- Page 62 the book, Necessary Food by Brianna Thomas
For my Sweet Tooth
Cherry Crisp (E)- Reading through this blog post, I didn’t realize cherries had so many health benefits. Even if you don’t create this tasty treat, I encourage you to click the link to read.
Pumpkin Bread! (S)
Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 cup Instant Oats
- 1 cup THM Baking Blend
- 1/2 Cup Sprouted Rye or Spelt flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp. Organic, Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 1 Tablespoon Black Strap Molasses
- 1 Tablespoon Honey (optional)
- 4 Egg Whites (or 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Swerve
Other Optional Items to Add to your mix:
- 1 cup Finely Diced Red Apple
- 1 cup Raisons
- 1 sugar-free chocolate chips
- Mix together the dry ingredients: oats, baking blend, four, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the melted butter, egg whites, molasses, pumpkin, honey and vanilla and swerve.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together, then add in any of the optional items.
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat, scoop out a tablespoon for each cookie. Bake at 325 for 13-15 minutes then cool for 2-3 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet.
Pumpkin Mung Dal Curry (E)
- 1 cup Mung Dal
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp cumin
- dash of cayenne
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1st garam marsala powder
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 tomatoes chopped
Set the Instapot on the saute mode. Add the 1 tsp. of butter and onion. Cook onion until tender. Add in spices (cayenne, cinnamon, nutmeg, marsala powder, curry & turmeric) cook for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Turn off saute. Add the remaining ingredients (Mung Dal, chicken stock, pumpkin, almond milk and chopped tomatoes). Cook on manual for 10 mins. Quick release pressure.