This weeks menu is ready! We follow the guidelines of Trim Healthy Mama developed by Pearl Barrett and Serene Allison and we encourage you to check out their website, books and various social media platforms. Last weekend we enjoyed a lovely visit from my folks. Plus a larger prepared meals means leftovers for us! Yay!
Monday: Open House, Deli Meat, Cheese and low fat crackers plus a small veggie and fruit platter
Tuesday: Taco Tuesday (Chicken and Turkey) E or S
Wednesday:Shepherd’s Pie (S) I came across this delicious recipe today. Now a family favorite!
Thursday: Chicken Enchiladas (S) – I’m excited about this delicious meal choice!
Friday: Carb Friendly Pizza & Movie Night
Sunday:Butternut Squash Enchilada Casserole (E) We will sub low carb tortillas to fit this delicious recipe into our energizing (healthy carb) meal.
For my Sweet Tooth
Gorilla Bread: This recipe was as huge hit! I even had couple with my breakfast the next morning.
Oatmeal Cookies (E) – See Recipe Below
- 2 cup Instant Oats
- 1 cup THM Baking Blend
- 1/2 Cup Sprouted Rye or Spelt flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp. Organic, Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 1 Tablespoon Black Strap Molasses
- 1 Tablespoon Honey (optional)
- 4 Egg Whites (or 3/4 cup)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Swerve
Other Optional Items to Add to your mix:
- 1 cup Finely Diced Red Apple
- 1 cup Raisons
- 1 sugar-free chocolate chips
- Mix together the dry ingredients: oats, baking blend, four, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the melted butter, egg whites, molasses, honey and vanilla and swerve.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together, then add in any of the optional items.
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat, scoop out a tablespoon for each cookie. Bake at 325 for 13-15 minutes then cool for 2-3 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet.