This week’s menu is ready to go. We follow the guidelines of Trim Healthy Mama developed by Pearl Barrett and Serene Allison. I encourage you to check out their website, books and various social media platforms.
Monday: Alfredo with Spaghetti Squash for Noodles (S)
Tuesday: Family Style Pizza Chili (E)
Wednesday: Trim Mac Salad (S) Page 181 from The Trim Healthy Cookbook
Thursday: Sushi made with Cauliflower (C/O)
Friday: BBQ with Camp (S)
Saturday: Family Pizza Night (S) with Cauliflower Crust. This crust looks promising on our quest for the perfect THM option.
Sunday: Breakfast for Dinner (S)- with breakfast sandwiches on Low Carb Bagels
For My Sweet Tooth:
Chocolate Breakfast Cookies (S) Who doesn’t love cookies for breakfast or chocolate, yum?
1 minute Low Carb Brownie (S) I think I’m craving chocolate.
Marshmallows (FP) Page 389 We’ve gotten into using Gelatin and really love these gummies. They are so easy and quick to make!
Insta-Pot Pizza Chili
- 2 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 cans RoTel Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 2 cans of the following beans (Black, any kind of White & Kidney)
- 1 – 2 Tablespoons chili powder (depending on how spicy you like your chili)
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken stock low sodium
- 3 ounce can of tomato paste.
- 2 cans of sugar-free pizza sauce
Press Sauté button and add butter and onion and ground turkey. Once the onion and turkey has been cooked, turn off Sauté mood and add the rest of the ingredients. Close lid and pressure cook on chili at High Pressure for 30 minutes, followed by Natural Release. Open the lid carefully.