Monday: Pan Seared Chicken with Mango Salsa (E) Full of a little sweet a little savory flavor, this is a perfect meal for a hot summer night. See recipe below
Tuesday: Tacos Salad (E) It’s Taco Tuesday, mine as well join in!!
Wednesday: Hillbilly Chicken (S) Like the bacon wrapped chicken from a couple weeks ago, this is a similar find with a creative yummy twist.
Thursday: Lazy Lasagna (S) Page 140 in the book Trim Healthy Mama
Friday: Low Carb Pizza with Cauliflower Crust
Saturday: Whole Roasted Chicken (FP) This is one of our favorite InstaPot recipes and it’s been a while since we added it to our recipe. What do we do with our extra bones? Chicken Stock of course!
Sunday: Ground Turkey Spaghetti with Sugar Free Sauce with Spaghetti Squash (FP)
Treats and Sweets
Marshmallows (FP) Page 389 We’ve gotten into using Gelatin and really love these gummies. They are so easy and quick to make!
Mango Creamsicles Page (S) 368 for a little sweet on a hot summer day
Chocolate Gluccie Puddings Page (FP) Page 351
Pan Seared Chicken with Strawberry Mango Salsa
For the Chicken
- 1 pound chicken
- 1/2 cup Egg whites
- 2 low carb tortillas
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Italian Spices
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tsp. Nutritional Yeast
- Coconut Oil Spray
- Into a blender, place two low-carb tortillas, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, a sprinkle of salt and petter, a tsp. of nutritional yeast, a varsity of Italian Spices to your mix and blend into a meal.
- Dip chicken first into the egg whites and dredge through the tortillas mixture to coat on each side.
- Spray a large skillet with coconut oil and place over medium heat. Cover, and continue cooking 3-5 minutes, turn over over and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Cover with mango salsa and serve warm
Strawberry Mango Salsa
- 1 cup mango cut into cubes
- 1 cup strawberries cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 can diced Rotel tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup corn cooked or raw
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
Combine all above ingredients, mix and place onto of prepared chicken. Feeling spicy, add a jalapeno or two.