We follow the guidelines of Trim Healthy Mama developed by Pearl Barrett and Serene Allison and we encourage you to check out their website, books and various social media platforms. This upcoming week brings us to Memorial Weekend. What special plans do you have for the holiday? We had a quick trip to the beach a couple hours away for a relaxing get-away. In addition, I have a few extra dessert items posted. My babies will be in the kitchen helping me bake some extra treats to have on hand. For our full menu, Click Here. Click here for more information on and about Trim Healthy Mama.
Monday: Nachos with Blue Chips (E). Made with yummy beans and low carb cheese this is a crowd favorite for our little family.
Tuesday: Bacon Wrapped Chicken (S) Page 50 of Necessary Food by Briana Thomas
Wednesday: Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Squash (S) -Sub baking Blend for flour
Thursday: Breaded Fish E (Page 178) of the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook
Friday: THM Pizza Casserole (S)
Saturday: Breakfast for Dinner-Stuffed French Toast – See below
Sunday: Armadillo Eggs (S) from Home Sick Texan One of our family favorites with a little different recipe. We didn’t get a chance to make this yummy meal on Saturday so I put it back on the menu for the start of the week.
Our Yummy Snacks and Treats this Week
Sticky Buns(S) These look Amazing! I can’t wait to make them tomorrow!
Coconut Macaroons (S) Three Ingredients but so yummy, I’m excited to try this recipe.
Coconut Squares (Made with Coconut Condensed Milk)
THM Strawberry Stuffed French Toast (E)
- 4 tablespoons berry Triple Zero Yogurt
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 4 tablespoons low carb tortilla crumbs or almond flour
- 1 tablespoon xilitol
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 strawberries hulled and sliced
- 8 slices sprouted grain bread or low carb tortillas
- In a shallow dish whisk the egg whites and almond milk together.
- In another shallow bowl, combine 2 tablespoons low carb tortillas or almond flour crumbs, 1/2 tablespoon xilitol and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- spray non-stick frying pan with coconut oil. To assemble the French Toast, spread a slice of bread with 1 tablespoon Triple Zero Yogurt. Top with two sliced strawberries and cover with a second slice of bread. Dip first in the egg white mixture and then with crumbs. Fry over medium-high heat until golden brown.
- Continue the same way with the other slices of bread.
- Serve warm with additional strawberries.