Our Weekly Menu with Sugar Free Donuts
This weeks menu is ready! We follow the guidelines of Trim Healthy Mama developed by Pearl Barrett and Serene Allison and we encourage you to check out their website, books and various social media platforms.
Monday: Blackened Salmon with Air Fried Okra (E) The blogger, Oh Sweet Mercy, is one to follow with amazing Trim Healthy Mama options and delicious, easy to make recipes.
Tuesday: It’s Taco Tuesday so Slow Fajitas on page 53 in the book Trim Healthy Mama, is on the menu
Wednesday: Pizza Chili * See Below
Thursday: Light and Fluffy Quiche * See Below
Friday: Low Carb Pizza, (c/o) crust made with Cheese bread sticks on page 310of the book Trim Healthy Table.
Saturday: Insta Pot Honey Bourbon Chicken In order to blend into our Trim Healthy Lifestyle, I will substitute glucosamine for the thickener and use Braggs Liquid Amino Acids for the soy sauce
Sunday: General Tso’s InstaPot Shredded Chicken In order to blend into our Trim Healthy Lifestyle, I will substitute glucosamine for the thickener and use Braggs Liquid Amino Acids for the soy sauce. I’ll also replace the sugar with xylitol.
No Bake Cheesecake, just check out this amazing recipe again from Oh Sweet Mercy!
Sugar Free Cinnamon Donuts * See Below!!
Light and Fluffy Quiche
- Optional Pie Crust
- 1 cup Shredded Mexican Blended Cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- Green Onion
- Handful of Kale
- Cooked Sausage Bites
- 4- slices Cooked and Bacon Crumbles
- 8 Eggs
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Spice Blend
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Layer the Pie Crust or Baking Dish with Cheese, Kale, Sausage, Cooked Bacon and onion.
- In medium bowl, combine eggs, milk or cream, and then add salt, pepper and Italian Spice blend . Beat until smooth and pour over cheese and meat.
- Place prepared pie in preheat oven (375 degrees F) If using a crust you may choose to cover with foil to protect it.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until filling is set and crust is golden brown. Remove the foil, if used and continue to bake for 15 mins if the quiche is not set.
Insta-Pot Pizza Chili
- 2 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 cans RoTel Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 2 cans of the following beans (Black, any kind of White & Kidney)
- 1 – 2 Tablespoons chili powder (depending on how spicy you like your chili)
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken stock low sodium
- 3 ounce can of tomato paste.
- 2 cans of sugar-free pizza sauce
Press Sauté button and add butter and onion and ground turkey. Once the onion and turkey has been cooked, turn off Sauté mood and add the rest of the ingredients. Close lid and pressure cook on chili at High Pressure for 30 minutes, followed by Natural Release. Open the lid carefully.
Another Sweet Treat for this week
Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (S)
- 2 c baking blend
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ c natural sweetener
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ c greek yogurt
- ¼ c nut milk (coconut or almond)
- 1 egg
- 2 T oil
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Mix dry ingredients, sugar and cinnamon
- Mix in yogurt, milk, egg and oil
- Stir well
- Fill greased muffin pans ⅔ full
- Bake @375 for 15 minutes
- Remove immediately from pan and roll in melted butter
- Combine cinnamon & natural sugar (Sweet Blend)
- Roll donuts in cinnamon mixture
Or look check out the Basic Donut on page 268 of the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbookfor a different recipe on THM donuts.