Our Weekly Menu
This weeks menu is ready! We follow the guidelines of Trim Healthy Mama developed by Pearl Barrett and Serene Allison and we encourage you to check out their website, books and various social media platforms.
Monday: Lentil Soup for the Soul (E). I fell in love with the name of this soup and with a rainy day in the forecast, is there a better day for a bowl of soup?
Tuesday: Light and Fluffy Quiche (S) * See my recipe below!
Wednesday: Pizza Chili (E) * See my recipe below!
Thursday: Chicken Nuggets (S)- One of our favorite family recipes, our chicken is baked not fried but just as popular.
Friday: Low Carb Pizza, (c/o) crust made with Cheese bread sticks on page 252 of the book Trim Healthy Table.
Saturday: Blackened Fish Tacos (E), page 60 of the book, Trim Healthy Table. Crispy fish packed with a yummy beans and low carb tortilla
Sweets for the Week
Soft Double Chocolate Chip Cookies (S) page 400 in the book Trim Healthy Table
Light and Fluffy Quiche
- Optional Pie Crust
- 1 cup Shredded Mexican Blended Cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- Green Onion
- Handful of Kale
- Cooked Sausage Bites
- 4- slices Cooked and Bacon Crumbles
- 8 Eggs
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Spice Blend
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Layer the Pie Crust or Baking Dish with Cheese, Kale, Sausage, Cooked Bacon and onion.
- In medium bowl, combine eggs, milk or cream, and then add salt, pepper and Italian Spice blend . Beat until smooth and pour over cheese and meat.
- Place prepared pie in preheat oven (375 degrees F) If using a crust you may choose to cover with foil to protect it.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until filling is set and crust is golden brown. Remove the foil, if used and continue to bake for 15 mins if the quiche is not set.
Insta-Pot Pizza Chili
- 2 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 cans RoTel Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 2 cans of the following beans (Black, any kind of White & Kidney)
- 1 – 2 Tablespoons chili powder (depending on how spicy you like your chili)
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken stock low sodium
- 3 ounce can of tomato paste.
- 2 cans of sugar-free pizza sauce
Press Sauté button and add butter and onion and ground turkey. Once the onion and turkey has been cooked, turn off Sauté mood and add the rest of the ingredients. Close lid and pressure cook on chili at High Pressure for 30 minutes, followed by Natural Release. Open the lid carefully.