This weeks menu is ready! We follow the guidelines of Trim Healthy Mama developed by Pearl Barrett and Serene Allison and we encourage you to check out their website, books and various social media platforms.
Tuesday: Spaghetti (E) Homemade sauce with low carb noodles.
Wednesday: Trim Mac Salad (S) Page 181 from The Trim Healthy Cookbook
Thursday: Insta-Pot Pizza Chili *See Below!
Friday: Low Carb Pizza, (c/o) crust made with Cheese bread sticks on page 252 of the book Trim Healthy Table.
Saturday:Chicken Nuggets (S)- One of our favorite family recipes, our chicken is baked not fried but just as popular.
Sunday: Taco/ Nachos (E or S depending on cheese and chips) Hummingbird Pancakes
For my Sweet Tooth
Strawberry Almond Ice Cream (S) Found on page 232 of the book Necessary Food By Briana Thomas
Double Chocolate Cookies (S) Page 321 of the book Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook
Insta-Pot Pizza Chili
- 2 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 cans RoTel Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 2 cans of the following beans (Black, any kind of White & Kidney)
- 1 – 2 Tablespoons chili powder (depending on how spicy you like your chili)
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken stock low sodium
- 3 ounce can of tomato paste.
- 2 cans of sugar-free pizza sauce
Press Sauté button and add butter and onion and ground turkey. Once the onion and turkey has been cooked, turn off Sauté mood and add the rest of the ingredients. Close lid and pressure cook on chili at High Pressure for 30 minutes, followed by Natural Release. Open the lid carefully.