This weeks menu is ready! We follow the guidelines of Trim Healthy Mama developed by Pearl Barrett and Serene Allison and we encourage you to check out their website, books and various social media platforms. It’s my birthday week and we have some fun events planned! Thursday we have an online event plus a few friends over for dinner so we needed a food choice that made a larger portion. Over the weekend we have some fun family activities planned that will keep us on the go. With that in mind, we needed easy dinner options.
Monday: Spaghetti (E) Made with Dreamfield Pasta or Spaghetti Squash for noodles and ground turkey with low sugar sauce.
Wednesday: Quiche (S) Click on our link to read our personal recipe.
Thursday: Turkey Chili with a twist * See recipe below
Friday: Low Carb Pizza, (c/o) crust made with Cheese bread sticks on page 252 of the book Trim Healthy Table.
Saturday: Whole Roasted Chicken in the Instapot!
For my Sweet Tooth
For my Birthday Cake: Life by Chocolate Cake (S) page 276 of the book Trim Healthy Table.
Fudge Brownies (S) page 404 of the book Trim Healthy Table.
Insta-Pot Pizza Chili
- 2 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 cans RoTel Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 2 cans of the following beans (Black, any kind of White & Kidney)
- 1 – 2 Tablespoons chili powder (depending on how spicy you like your chili)
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken stock low sodium
- 3 ounce can of tomato paste.
- 2 cans of sugar-free pizza sauce
Press Sauté button and add butter and onion and ground turkey. Once the onion and turkey has been cooked, turn off Sauté mood and add the rest of the ingredients. Close lid and pressure cook on chili at High Pressure for 30 minutes, followed by Natural Release. Open the lid carefully.