Elf in Training Day 6
We continue our advent adventures with Day 6. Click here for a full copy or to print your own advent activities. The categories we choose for 2017: Family Holiday Activity, Elf in Training and Workout Challenge.
Day 6 Tasks:
Elf in Training
1. Leave an anonymous thank you note for a teacher, friend or co-worker.
Has someone made a difference in you or your child’s life? Leave them a simple thank you. You can add your name or keep it a secret. Just remember to give away positive encouragement!
2. Give away an Ornament to a Friend or Stranger
This falls perfect in line with our family holiday activity. I’ll have the kids make an extra ornament so they can keep one and give one away.
Family Holiday Activity
Make a Christmas Ornament
- Wooden shapes (found at Target or Walmart less then .50 an item
- Felt shaped ornaments either store bought or cut your own. I found mine at Hobby Lobby 50% off.
- gems, buttons or holiday stickers
- glue, fabric glue and hot glue
Have children paint the wooden shape and embellish with glitter. Decorate with buttons, gems or holiday stickers. Use the hot glue gun if the fabric glue or regular glue isn’t holding the ornaments.
6 Hanging Abs
Today we add a bit of core strength into our workout with hanging abs. Using the pull up bar, we hold steady and bring knees to the chest for 1 rep, repeating 6 times. For more core exercises to try with a pull-up bar, check out this blog posting from Redefining Strength . Don’t have a pull-up bar for hanging abs, use two chairs with arm rests or Equalizer Bars.