This weeks menu is ready! We follow the guidelines of Trim Healthy Mama developed by Pearl Barrett and Serene Allison and we encourage you to check out their website, books and various social media platforms.
Monday: Chicken Fingers (E/S/FP) I combine baking blend, parmesan cheese, nutritional yeast and a variety of spices to coat the chicken.
Tuesday: Spicy Bacon Chicken Casserole (S) For my kids, I’ll leave out the chicken to serve separate. They are not huge fans of casserole.
Thursday: Pressure Cooker BBQ Chicken with kale chips cooked in the insta-pot (E)
Friday: Family Pizza Night (S) with Triple Meat Pizza (S).
Saturday: Stuffed Breakfast Biscuits (S)
For my Sweet Tooth
This week I’m hosting a Bon Cook online event. So, I have goal to cook a sweetie daily to demonstrate how easy these dishes are to use and clean.
Blueberry CheeseCake Delight, cheese cake topped with berries, my girls will vote for this dessert first.
Pressure Cooker Chocolate Pots, warm, gooey chocolate is the perfect way to end the evening.
Frosted Peppermint Pie, On these hot summer days, icebox sweets are the way to to!
Fruity Summer Delight, Toped with fruit, this sweet dessert looks delicious.
Root beer Chocolate Cake * See Recipe Below
Root Beer Chocolate Cake
- 3 cups Baking Blend
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Xilitol
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 4 large eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can of Zevia Ginger Root Beer
- 1/2 cup unsweetened whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sweetener Swerve Confectioners
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans
Baking the Cake:
- Stir together the dry ingredients: baking blend, cocoa, sweetener, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Mix together root beer, eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Add to the dry ingredients and beat with an electric blender until well combined. The batter will be fizzy at first.
- Pour mixture into greased pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
Preparing the Frosting:
- Combine whipping cream, sweetener, egg yolk, vanilla and butter in a saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat. When it starts to boil, sprinkle in xanthan gum.
- Continue heating until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in and pecans.
- Spread mixture over cooled cake.