(Low Carb, Sugar-Free, THM S)
We made a delicious quiche (recipe to follow) this weekend and my daughter loves pie crust. So, I came up with this quick recipe to try. It was a huge hit. This is my first Low Carb, Sugar-Free Pie Crust to roll out without breaking into pieces and it’s light and flakey. Added bonus, the scraps make a easy cookie. With the extra crust, I sprinkled cinnamon and a bit of xylitol on to the rolled out dough and cooked it for 10 minutes at 375.
- Preheat oven to 375
- Mix baking blend, salt and xantham gum together in a medium bowl.
- Cut butter into baking blend until meal forms.
- In a measuring cup, crack egg and add 1 tablespoon ACV then fill to the 1 cup mark with almond milk.
- Slowly add wet ingredients to dry and blend until a ball is formed.
- Place onto parchment paper. Cover with a second layer and roll out to form a crust. If the dough is sticky, you may wish to sprinkle more baking blend.
- Peal the top layer of parchment paper from the crust. Flip into pie dish then peal the second layer of parchment paper.
- Prick the bottom of the crust with a fork. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.