Our Weekly Menu
How is already August? Time has swiftly passed with our move and exciting summer adventures. With a couple weeks left, before school starts, we have some fun plans in store for our family. With more friends to meet and places to visit, adventure lurks around the corner.
Now onto this weeks menu! I follow the guidelines of Trim Healthy Mama developed by Pearl Barrett and Serene Allison. I encourage you to check out their website, books and various social media platforms.
Monday: AirFryer Mahi Mahi Tacos (E or S) * See Recipe Below
Tuesday: Cheesy Meatball Soup (S) Saw this recipe on Pinterest and I had to add to our menu this week.
Wednesday: Breakfast for Dinner (S)- with breakfast sandwiches on Low Carb Bagels
Thursday: Chicken Marsala with Dream-Field Pasta (E) Pull out the Instapot, this recipe looks delicious!
Friday: Family Pizza Night (S) with Fathead Pizza Crust (S). This crust looks promising on our quest for the perfect THM option.
Saturday: Pot Roast (s or c/o, if you add the carrots) My husband requested a pot roast on the menu this week.
Sunday: Savory Crustless Quiche (S) Another breakfast for dinner option, you could add a low carb THM crust, too.
For My Sweet Tooth:
Chocolate Breakfast Cookies (S) Who doesn’t love cookies for breakfast or chocolate, yum?
1 minute Low Carb Brownie (S) I think I’m craving chocolate.
Insta-Pot Chocolate Zucchini Cake (S) Yes, more chocolate! We will see which one is our favorite chocolate recipe!
Air Fry-ed Mahi Mahi Tacos (E)
For the Fish:
- 3- 4fillets of Mahi Mahi
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 lime
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup baking blend
For the Taco:
- low carb tortillas
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- Tablespoon of lime
- 1 can of drained and rinsed black beans
- 1 bag of baby kale
- sugar-free salsa
- Preheat airfryer to 390 degrees. Cut Mahi Mahi into fork sized pieces and add to a bowl. Blend onion powder, paprika, the juice of half a lime, salt and pepper. Marinade for 20 mins.
- Coat the Mahi Mahi and coat with baking blend. Place fish into airfyer and cook for 15 minutes. If you airfryer is smaller, you may have to do in shifts.
- Combine greek yogurt with a Tablespoon of lime and some salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- You may choose to toast or broil your low-carb tortillas in the oven to warm them.
- Assemble your tacos with fish, beans, yogurt blend, kale and salsa.