Our Weekly Menu
We made it! We have moved into our new home and finally have internet. Oh the simple joy of feeling connected. It’s crazy to realized how much has changed; internet is now used for everything from registering the girls for their new school to a digital phone book. When internet is at your fingertips and works great it’s a blessing, however with slow phone connections and having to track down basic cafe internet to get simple tasks accomplished, it can be a major frustration. However one blessing, with no internet, the kids have sure enjoyed opening the box of board games, books and toys. They have thoroughly enjoyed playing for hours exploring their new home.
Now onto this weeks menu! I have it all planned out and sure have missed the ease of having recipes and my weekly menu at my fingertips. While I have stuck to my healthy eating the best I could while moving, I am excited to really get back into my lifestyle of both healthy eating and exercise. Last week I tried a Crossfit gym with a friend that I enjoyed and I now with internet, my Sweatflix app where I can access workout videos on demand is available. With least 5 days of workouts scheduled and my menu uploaded, I am ready for this weeks challenge!
Monday: AirFryer Eggplant Parmesan (S or E, depending on cheese choice) * See Recipe Below with THM Just Like Red Lobster Biscuits
Tuesday: Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken (E). This recipe sounds amazing and I can’t wait to try it over some long-grain rice or another ancient grain cooked up in the insta-pot.
Wednesday: Bagel Dogs (S) An alternative to hot-dog buns, this delicious recipe is a crowd pleaser.
Thursday: Spaghetti Night with DreamField Pasta or Low Carb Noodles and Sugar-Free Sauce (E).
Friday: Family Pizza Night with a Low Carb option (S).
Saturday: Hillbilly Chicken (S) Like the bacon wrapped chicken from a couple weeks ago, this is a similar find with a creative yummy twist.
Sunday: Whole Roasted Chicken in the Instapot!
For My Sweet Tooth:
Frosted Raspberry Lemonade (FP) Summertime heat getting to you? Try this refreshing frosted drink!
Green-Tea Energies Bites (S), I’ll be substituting Baking Blend for Almond Flour and using a sugar-free option instead of the maple syrup.
Coconut Treat Squares (S) Low Carb and Sugar-Free, these squares are wonderful delicious and simple to create.
AirFryer Eggplant Parmesan
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 cup baking blend
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 jar sugar-free pizza sauce
- Your choice of cheese, shredded
- Spread the sliced eggplant in a single layer onto paper towels. Generously salt the eggplant and let it sit for 15 minutes. Flip the eggplant, salt the other side, and let sit for another 15 minutes. Then rinse the eggplant with water and pat dry with clean paper towels. (This process will draw out the excess moisture)
- Combine the baking blend, parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, and onion powder in a shallow dish. In a separate dish, beat the eggs with the Tbsp water.
- Dip the eggplant slices in the egg and then the breadcrumb mixture, pressing the baking blend mixture onto the eggplant to evenly coat both sides.
- Set your Airfryer to 390 F. Place 4-5 slices of breaded eggplant into the fryer and set the fryer to cook for 8 minutes. (11 minutes for the first batch so that the fryer can warm up.)
- Spoon pizza sauce onto each slice and top with shredded cheese. Place the fried eggplant into the oven to broil for 2 mins or until golden brown on top.