Another trip is planned for our little crew and this week we are headed to see family. We are all excited to meet our newest nephew and have some cousin playtime! In addition, this week had to be easy & quick meals since we have packers coming to load up our house-hold goods. A fun and action packed week, it will surely be one to remember. Needed a couple recipes to add to your weekly men, see our choices and a few recipes below. For our full menu, click on this link. Click here to learn more about the Trim Healthy Plan.
Monday: Pan Seared Chicken with Mango Salsa (E)
Tuesday: Tacos with low carb tortillas (S)
Wednesday: Spaghetti with spaghetti squash (FP)
Thursday; Beach Chili (E)
Friday: Traveling Choose S or E
Saturday: Traveling Choose S or E
Sunday: Low Carb Pizza
Pan Seared Chicken with Strawberry Mango Salsa
For the Chicken
- 1 pound chicken
- 1/2 cup Egg whites
- 2 low carb tortillas
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Italian Spices
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tsp. Nutritional Yeast
- Coconut Oil Spray
- Into a blender, place two low-carb tortillas, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, a sprinkle of salt and petter, a tsp. of nutritional yeast, a varsity of Italian Spices to your mix and blend into a meal.
- Dip chicken first into the egg whites and dredge through the tortillas mixture to coat on each side.
- Spray a large skillet with coconut oil and place over medium heat. Cover, and continue cooking 3-5 minutes, turn over over and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Cover with mango salsa and serve warm
Strawberry Mango Salsa
- 1 cup mango cut into cubes
- 1 cup strawberries cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 can diced Rotel tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup corn cooked or raw
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
Combine all above ingredients, mix and place onto of prepared chicken. Feeling spicy, add a jalapeno or two.
Lavender Blueberry Pie Filling
- 4 cups blueberries
- 1/4 cup xylitol
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup baking blend
- 1 tsp gelatin
- 1 tsp. dried lavender
Combine all above ingredients and toss to coat blueberries. Place into a prepared pie crust, cover and bake at 375 degree for 35 minutes. Uncover bake for an additional 10 minutes. For a pie crust, consider using a low carb option from Trim Healthy Mama.