3rd Top 10 to Try in Kaua’i
~as recommended by a 3 year old Keiki
Traveling with young kids to Kaua’i? My three children have chosen their top 10 favorite things to do on the island. Previous post from the 7 and 5 year old’s top ten are published. Now to highlight the 3 year old boy’s point of view.
- Beach-For a little boy, any beach with sand to build race tracks and water to frolic is a perfect beach.
- Tree Tunnel– at the start of hwy 520 just off of hwy 50 headed south west from Lihu’e towards Po’ipu is a tunnel of trees that C. loved watching the cars flash by.
3. Red flavored ice cream – Our favorite ice cream shop was Lapperts Hawaii. The color red (Strawberry), his favorite color was what he chose every time.
4. Kauai Luau: The Haka along with the fire dance was why C. choose this in his top 10.
5. Chickens roam free on the island of Kaua’i much to the delight of my young three. Young and carefree, he was never going to catch a chicken but that didn’t stop him from trying and giggling with delight.
6. Travel Journals– C loved his nightly Travel Journals. he would circle the weather, activity for the day and draw a little picture to accompany his journal. Than rate the day by circling the smily face. Now, after returning home, he keeps his journal on his bedside table.
7. Train Ride–through Kauai Plantation Railway, this little train took the us on an hour tour through their orchard, showing us many fruits that grow and are native to the Hawaiian Islands. We even stopped along the tour to feed the animals.
8. Airplane– Riding on each and every airplane was a thrill for my young 3 year old. As we boarded one of our flights the crew even let him peek inside the cockpit. A glowing smile accompanied that treat.
9. Buying a Car with a Surfboard– what does a little boy buy for a souvenir, a car of course, with a surfboard attached.
10. Big Waves– watching the waves splash along the shore and climbing the rocks gave us scare but sure entertained him.