This week’s menu is ready to go. We follow the guidelines of Trim Healthy Mama developed by Pearl Barrett and Serene Allison. I encourage you to check out their website, books and various social media platforms.
Monday: Hamburgers wrapped in a Lettuce Bun
Tuesday: Quesadilla style Tacos for Taco Tuesday (S or E depending on Cheese)
Wednesday: Cheesy Meatball Soup (S) Saw this recipe on Pinterest and I had to add to our menu this week.
Thursday: Chicken Marsala with Dream-Field Pasta (E) Pull out the Instapot, this recipe looks delicious!
Friday: Family Pizza Night (S) with Fathead Pizza Crust (S). This crust looks promising on our quest for the perfect THM option.
Saturday: AirFryer Mahi Mahi Tacos (E or S) * See Recipe Below
Sunday: Breakfast for Dinner (S)- with breakfast sandwiches on Low Carb Bagels
For My Sweet Tooth:
Chocolate Breakfast Cookies (S) Who doesn’t love cookies for breakfast or chocolate, yum?
1 minute Low Carb Brownie (S) I think I’m craving chocolate.
Insta-Pot Chocolate Zucchini Cake (S) Yes, more chocolate! We will see which one is our favorite chocolate recipe!
Air Fry-ed Mahi Mahi Tacos (E)
For the Fish:
- 3- 4 fillets of Mahi Mahi
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 lime
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup baking blend
For the Taco:
- low carb tortillas
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- Tablespoon of lime
- 1 can of drained and rinsed black beans
- 1 bag of baby kale
- sugar-free salsa
- Preheat airfryer to 390 degrees. Cut Mahi Mahi into fork sized pieces and add to a bowl. Blend onion powder, paprika, the juice of half a lime, salt and pepper. Marinade for 20 mins.
- Coat the Mahi Mahi and coat with baking blend. Place fish into airfyer and cook for 15 minutes. If you airfryer is smaller, you may have to do in shifts.
- Combine greek yogurt with a Tablespoon of lime and some salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- You may choose to toast or broil your low-carb tortillas in the oven to warm them.
- Assemble your tacos with fish, beans, yogurt blend, kale and salsa.