This weeks menu is ready! We follow the guidelines of Trim Healthy Mama developed by Pearl Barrett and Serene Allison and we encourage you to check out their website, books and various social media platforms.
Monday: Parmesan Crusted Tilapia airfyed with Peach Salsa (E) * See Recipe Below
Tuesday:Spicy Bacon Chicken Casserole (S) For my kids, I’ll leave out the chicken to serve separate. They are not huge fans of casserole.
Wednesday: BBQ at the School at Meet the Teach
Thursday: Sugar-Free Spaghetti with Dream-Field Pasta (E)
Friday: Family Pizza Night (S) with Triple Meat Pizza (S). This crust looks promising on our quest for the perfect THM option.
Saturday: Cheeseburger Pie (S) page 149 of the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook
Sunday: Eggroll in a Bowl (S or E) page 63 of the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbookwith our own added additions such as water chestnuts, baby corn and sprouts.
For my Sweet Tooth
Snickers Pie (We have a peanut allergy in the house so I used pecans instead of peanuts and the results was amazing!)
Frosted Peppermint Pie, On these hot summer days, icebox sweets are the way to to! Now that I have an ice cream maker this treat will be double sweet!
Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
- 4-5 Tilapia Filets
- 1/2 cup Egg whites
- 2 low carb tortillas
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Italian Spices
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tsp. Nutritional Yeast
- Coconut Oil Spray
- Into a blender, place two low-carb tortillas, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, a sprinkle of salt and pepper, a tsp. of nutritional yeast, a varsity of Italian Spices to your mix and blend into a meal.
- Dip fish first into the egg whites and dredge through the tortillas mixture to coat on each side.
- Preheat airfryer to 390 degrees. Cut tilapia into fork sized pieces and add to a bowl. Blend onion powder, paprika, the juice of half a lime, salt and pepper. Marinade for 20 mins.
- Coat the Tilapia and coat with baking blend. Place fish into airfyer and cook for 15 minutes. If you airfryer is smaller, you may have to do in shifts.
- Serve with mango salsa and serve warm
Strawberry Peach Salsa
- 1 cup peaches cut into cubes
- 1 cup strawberries cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 can diced Rotel tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup corn cooked or raw
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
Combine all above ingredients, mix and place onto of prepared chicken. Feeling spicy, add a jalapeno or two.