This weeks menu is ready! We follow the guidelines of Trim Healthy Mama developed by Pearl Barrett and Serene Allison and we encourage you to check out their website, books and various social media platforms.
Monday: Baby Quiches (S). Looking for a small little treat? Cook the quiche in little muffin tins and have leftovers ready for breakfast.
Tuesday: Hot Dogs and Zucchini Fries (S) Tonight I have a local Rodan+Fields Event that I’m co-hosting so the kids and my husband are having and easy meal of hot dogs and “fries”.
Wednesday: Pizza Chili * see below (S) I don’t know why this cold weather insists on hanging around North Carolina but, at least a warm bowl of soup on a chilly night helps!.
Friday: Low Carb Pizza, (c/o) crust made with Cheese bread sticks on page 310of the book Trim Healthy Table.
Saturday: St. Patrick’s Day Feast (S), Which meal to choose? This THM St. Patrick’s Day Recipe Roundup has a variety of yummy treats!
Sweets for the Week
- Glazed Crumb Cake (S) Page 305 of the book Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook
Air Fried Brussel Sprouts
- 1 Bag of Frozen Brussel Sprouts
- 1 tsp xylitol
- 1 tsp black strap molasses
- salt and cayenne paper to taste
- coconut spray
Line the Air-Fryer with foil. Spray the Brussel Sprouts with coconut spray. Sprinkle salt and cayenne paper xylitol and molasses onto sprouts. Mix and add to the air fryer. Cook for 15-18 mins until toasty.
Insta-Pot Pizza Chili
- 2 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 cans RoTel Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 2 cans of the following beans (Black, any kind of White & Kidney)
- 1 – 2 Tablespoons chili powder (depending on how spicy you like your chili)
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken stock low sodium
- 3 ounce can of tomato paste.
- 2 cans of sugar-free pizza sauce
Press Sauté button and add butter and onion and ground turkey. Once the onion and turkey has been cooked, turn off Sauté mood and add the rest of the ingredients. Close lid and pressure cook on chili at High Pressure for 30 minutes, followed by Natural Release. Open the lid carefully.