This weeks menu is ready! We follow the guidelines of Trim Healthy Mama developed by Pearl Barrett and Serene Allison and we encourage you to check out their website, books and various social media platforms. This week is full of excitement as we start our school year and family is coming into town for a visit! We are all ready for this fun week to begin!
Monday: Easy Bacon Cheeseburger Soup (S), We are ending the first day of school with a delightful and easy soup.
Tuesday: Sweet and Sour Chicken (E) Our three kids love our stir-fry days. This flavorful chicken will be a welcome dinner choice.
Wednesday: BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf, (S) rich with flavor, this quick and easy menu choice will be perfect for the first week of school.
Thursday: Sweet Quiche and Watermelon Salad (C/O) for evening tea with Nana and Papa. *See Below
Friday: Carb Friendly Pizza & Movie Night with Nana and Papa (S)
Saturday: Grilled Hot Dogs and Zucchini Fries in the airfryer (S)
Sunday: Breakfast for Dinner- with Mocha Waffles (E)
For my Sweet Tooth
Cheesecake Berry Salad Sweet light and full of flavor, this dessert is the perfect mid-afternoon snack.
This last weekend I went out for tea with a good friend. While there we enjoyed a delicious salad that was so surprising with it’s flavor. Here is my copycat Watermelon Salad recipe.
- 1 small watermelon, cubed
- Feta Cheese
- 1 large cucumber- peeled and cubed
- a few mint leaves
- blueberries (this is my addition)
- Balsamic vinegrette
Toss the above all but the balsamic vinaigrette in a bowl Serve and top with vinaigrette.
Light and Fluffy Quiche
- Optional Pie Crust
- 1 cup Shredded Mexican Blended Cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- Green Onion
- Handful of Kale
- Cooked Sausage Bites
- 4- slices Cooked and Bacon Crumbles
- 8 Eggs
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Spice Blend
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Layer the Pie Crust or Baking Dish with Cheese, Kale, Sausage, Cooked Bacon and onion.
- In medium bowl, combine eggs, milk or cream, and then add salt, pepper and Italian Spice blend . Beat until smooth and pour over cheese and meat.
- Place prepared pie in preheat oven (375 degrees F) If using a crust you may choose to cover with foil to protect it.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until filling is set and crust is golden brown. Remove the foil, if used and continue to bake for 15 mins if the quiche is not set.